Tuesday, January 1, 2013


Introduction


A genealogy will always be incomplete. As more records of past ancestors are being uncovered and new descendants appear, a genealogy is constantly growing, changing and evolving, just like history.
It is my intention to share the works I have been working on since I was young. Please forgive me as I am still sorting out the sources I have been compiling over the years as some of the sources were missing since my wife and I moved from Washington, DC to Frederick, MD. I am still unpacking many of my works. I am still working as a researcher for the Daughters of the American Revolution Library in Washington, DC and each way is one and half hour’s worth of commuting, so bear with me as I am trying to find time to upload everything that I have done for the Descendants of Hugh Simpson and Mary Long.
I was planning to have all of my works uploaded on the website, but again due to limit of my free time, I have decided to go on blog for now as it is a time-consuming to teach myself to design a website. Hopefully, in the near future, I will do that.
Please feel free to look over what I have done and share any more information that I may have overlook. Also, feel free to make suggestions, advices, corrections and so on. As an editor of the blog, Descendants of Hugh Simpson and Mary Long, I make the final decision on whether a source is valid or not.
All of the works are to be sharing freely. However, please give credit to those who have done the work. Also, please do not post information on living descendants on the Internet.

Acknowledgments

I could not have compiled this work without help and support of many distant cousins. The following people are the sources of this work and I thank all of you for giving me your priceless information. It is not my intention to leave anyone out, as I said previously, I have lost some sources during the moving.
Larry Gene Howard
Carolyn Williams
Robert Simpson of Kansas
Robert Simpson of Arizona
Sheila Simpson
Claude Crandall
Beaufer Nell Farr
Donna Orr

2 comments:

  1. You and my husband must be distant relations - he is a descendant of Elias T. Simpson. We live next door in Rockville, MD. - Susan D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dennis - great info! I am descended from Hugh's brother, Isaac (Isaac's daughter, Elizabeth, married John Engledow).

    Two questions:
    1) Do you have any info on Hugh and Isaac's parents, James and Mary?
    2) Being a Texan, I am just super curious about this one - what was Hugh's son, Absalom, doing in Texas in 1825 and do you know how he died?

    I could not find your email, but here is mine - twengledow@yahoo.com - hope to hear from you soon!

    Best,
    Trenton Engledow

    ReplyDelete